My Dad taught college statistics, so you might think some of that would have rubbed off on me and I’d keep better track of my 2008 reading so I could tell you all kinds of things about it. But no… all I can really say is that it was a very enjoyable reading year for me! I read more books than I’ve ever read in a year, and that’s due to all of you! My TBR list is ridiculously tall (books to the ceiling and all…), but I’m also reading more of them than ever before. And I love all the reading sidetrips and the challenges. Thanks to each of you for your wonderful reviews, and for sharing your passion for books and reading, and for inspiring me to read more and more and more..!
So here are a few stats that I did round up for this end-of-the-year post:
- 103 books read in 2008 (new record for me)
- 9 completed Reading Challenges and 3 still ongoing!
- Favorite read alouds to second graders this year: The Wizard of Oz and Charlotte’s Web
- Favorite audiobook of the year: Summerland, by Michael Chabon
Five favorite reads of this year (in no particular order):
- Something Rich and Strange, by Patricia McKillip
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, by Mary Ann Shaffer
- Briar Rose, by Jane Yolen
- Far Away and Long Ago, by W. H. Hudson
- Esperanza Rising, by Pam Muñoz Ryan
My favorite Book of the Year: Far Away and Long Ago, by W. H. Hudson
Wishing each of you a very Happy New Year, and may 2009 be healthy and happy and full of books for you!