My friend, Nymeth, at Things Mean A Lot, has deemed me a “Rockin’ Girl Blogger.” That is so cool! I’m really happy about it because we just don’t get told very often that we “rock.”
Every once in a long while my students would let me know that I “rocked,” and it was almost always after finishing an awesome read aloud in the classroom, or after doing something totally outside their expectations of what an older 6th grade teacher would normally do–like riding the Zip Line across a deep canyon gully during our annual outdoor ed field trip.
My own kids are grown now, but remembering those few times during their younger years when they deemed me a “rockin’ mom” still makes me glow. And, of course, I’m already working on being a “rockin’ grandma,” although Kai is only 6th months old.
So I’m really pleased to post this bright pink happy button that has put a big smile on my face here. Thanks, Nymeth! You rock!
I’m supposed to send this nice award on to some other bloggers, but its tough to narrow my choices down to just a couple of blogs when I think you all Rock! I enjoy each blog I visit for different reasons, and I’m always finding new, inspiring ones to add to the blogroll…and many of the ones I enjoy are “Rockin’ Boy Bloggers!” Take a look a this sampling of Rockin’ blogs I frequent:
- Shelf Life – “Gentle Reader” is the perfect name for this kind and gentle prolific reader.
- Dolce Bellezza – whose students are so lucky to have her for their teacher…and who is presently trying to survive a kitchen remodel.
- My Random Acts of Reading – I love to check Kay’s blog to see if she has a new quote posted as well as to see what she is now reading.
- Letters From a Hill Farm – Nan’s blog is full of beauty from her home, garden, kitchen, music collection and bookshelves.
- The Golden Flask – I love Donna’s poetry.